Nov 17, 2023
How confident is your child?
If you’d like to learn how to develop your child's confidence, conduct and concentration, you NEED to take the breakthrough area assessment! It will give you unique insights into your child's 3Cs, click the link to access:
In this episode, Sebastian Bates, the founder of the Warrior Academy and host of the Warrior Academy Podcast, shares a chapter from his book "Not a Victim." This book, written in 2021, is aimed at helping parents mentor their children through the challenging transition of bullying. The chapter explores how bullying affects the brain, focusing on both physical and mental pain, and why developing resilience and understanding the brain's response to stress are critical for addressing the damage caused by bullying. Bates provides valuable insights into how bullying works and the impact on brain function.
- Bullying and the Brain: Discusses how bullying leads to changes in brain function and structure, causing damages comparable to chronic and acute stress.
- The Brain's Triune Theory: An overview of the triune brain theory, which divides the brain into the reptilian brain, limbic system, and prefrontal cortex.
- Impact of Bullying on Brain Structures: How bullying, child abuse, and stress cause damage to specific parts of the brain.
- Hormones and Neurotransmitters: The role of hormones and neurotransmitters, such as cortisol, adrenaline, and serotonin, in the brain's response to stress and trauma.
- The Brain Development Process: Explanation of how the brain develops from before birth until around the age of 25, including the pruning process during puberty.
- Long-Term Effects of Chronic Stress: The consequences of chronic stress and the impact it can have on mental and physical health.
- Resilience and Neuroplasticity: The concept of neuroplasticity, which allows nerve cells to regenerate, and the search for ways to stimulate this process.
- Cognitive Fitness: The importance of mental health and cognitive fitness in controlling symptoms and healing the damage caused by bullying.
If you found this chapter informative and want to stay updated on more valuable character development topics, subscribe to this podcast. For an in-depth assessment of your child's Three C's, visit www.breakthrougharea.com and fill out the Breakthrough Area Assessment.
Thank you for tuning in to the Warrior Academy podcast, where character development for children and parents is at the forefront of our mission.
Follow Warrior Academy
Watch the episodes on YouTube as well: https://youtu.be/UrS80BkgOw8
Follow Sebastian Bates: